Wednesday 25 February 2015

A lovely conversation with a small boy...

My small boy started school in January he should have started in September but he only turned 4 in August and we felt that he just wasn't ready...I don't honestly think he is now really which made this little conversation that we had the other morning ring bells with me as well as make me smile..
 
Small boy: Do I have to go to school this morning...can you pick me up early?
 
Me: (with fake enthusiasm) But you learn things at school..
 
Small boy: (with somber sincerity) I think I have learnt enough now...
 
The idea that at the grand old age of 4 1/2 and after just a month of school that he has learnt all there is to know is great, he feels ready for life...little does the poor boy know that there is another 14 years of school to go yet....don't think I'll tell him that!...not until he can tie his shoe laces anyway:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome, nice kind ones at least! Any advice for a complete novice would also be gratefully received:) Thanks.