Sunday 31 May 2015

Holiday walks and wellies...


The half term holiday is nearly over, far too quickly for my liking:( Small boy, daft dog and I have being doing plenty of walking in all weathers, luckily (for the dog) small boy is a happy walker as long as there is the promise of a treat (bribe) at the end of it, preferably some form of chocolate...oh, he is so my boy!:) Plenty of baking has been done during the holiday too, this mornings indulgence was chocolate and banana muffins. I am fooling myself in thinking that the fruit balances the chocolate out and that they are actually good for you aren't I?...hum...

The blossom was falling from the hawthorns today and small boy thought it was snowing, so we've walked in sun, rain, wind and...snow, certainly felt cold enough! We've just come in from a walk to visit the allotments near where I used to live when my two big boys were younger. I'll have to sort through the photos I've taken and get something written about it soon. It's a beautiful old established site and as much as I love my allotment, I did have allotment envy.

Chris has been away for quite a lot of the holiday (hence the walking, he's also got the car!) and I've been able to take advantage of his absence in the evenings, when small boy is in bed to indulge in another of my favourite things, old films. It can't get much better for me than Cary Grant in To Catch a Thief...no one could wear a cravat quite like Cary Grant (and get away with it!) I used to love watching the Sunday afternoon film with my dad when I was little, it was always a Western or a war film, perhaps I was a bit of an odd child but I'd be perfectly happy watching Zulu or The Good the Bad and the Ugly and still am! Wonder if I can get small boy to watch The Philadelphia Story with me now?...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome, nice kind ones at least! Any advice for a complete novice would also be gratefully received:) Thanks.